Anyone headed to Puerto Vallarta next spring?

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Anyone headed to Puerto Vallarta next spring?

Postby Lobzila » November 7th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Help!
I booked a trip with Malibu John last year to check out that area. One of the things no one can control is the weather. Two days before two of my buddies and I were to take off, a hurricane hit the area. That's what I get for planning a trip in November I guess. I work a crazy schedule and need to plan this reasonably far in advance to make it. My two buddies have decided that they do not want to go now as there schedules have changed. I have contacted John and Alisa about joining another group, but nothing yet.
So, I have three options, One. find another group who is going and tag along, or Two. sell off my deposit at discount to someone else to recoup it, or three, lose my deposit. I really want to make this trip and dive that area. My target fish are yellowfin and wahoo or anything pelagic mostly. I really don't have much interest of traveling all that way and shooting the ten pound reef fish. AJ's, Pargo, maybe. Don't care for Groupers that much, fun to sight see those areas if offshore is not working out, but I don't really plan on shooting anything there. As far as travel, I hope to fly out of John Wayne in OC if possible so I could fly down with the group, but SD or LAX is possible as well so John could pick us all up at once down there.
About me, I have been doing this sport since the mid 90's. I am getting older and slowing down a bit (sad, but true!) and have been all over a big chunk of the world diving. I don't have to be the first guy in the water and probably wont be the last one out, but it depends on the diving. My days of hitting a hundred feet are over, but still hit fifty with no problem. I don't smoke, but do enjoy a good beer every now and then. I have to warn you, I have been told I snore.
So anyone need a third or fourth guy to go to Puerto Vallarta?
Please let me know. Shoot me a pm if interested.
Lobzila
spearo

Re: Anyone headed to Puerto Vallarta next spring?

Postby Bill McIntyre » November 7th, 2019, 5:36 pm

You have to forfeit your deposit when a hurricane cancelled the trip? If you had shown up and insisted that he take you out would he have done it?

Is that generally the way things work for charters like this?
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Errin » November 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Bill McIntyre wrote:You have to forfeit your deposit when a hurricane cancelled the trip? If you had shown up and insisted that he take you out would he have done it?

Is that generally the way things work for charters like this?

Malibu is a stand up guy, let him speak for himself
Errin
spearo

Postby Lobzila » November 8th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Guys,
I have no beef with Malibu John on this. None of us can control the weather. Yes he would of taken us out had we gone down there, but diving that close after a hurricane hits means very iffy conditions. And we had to cancel a few days before it happened. From what I have experienced traveling, this is a common policy. I fully intend to make this trip happen and have a deposit down on it. Malibu John just offered to have us rebook at a later date and we accepted. Now I am just trying to make it happen.
Lobzila
spearo

Postby dctrjayyy » November 11th, 2019, 8:16 am

I'd be down to shoot down there for a quick trip next year. pm me details. thanks.
dctrjayyy
spearo

Postby daveheinrich3 » November 11th, 2019, 10:37 am

I met John a couple months back on a tuna trip and would love to get down to Puerto Vallarta on his boat. Shoot me an email with the details and I can probably make it happen. dave.heinrich3@gmail.com
daveheinrich3
polespearo

Return to California & Baja