I booked a trip with Malibu John last year to check out that area. One of the things no one can control is the weather. Two days before two of my buddies and I were to take off, a hurricane hit the area. That's what I get for planning a trip in November I guess. I work a crazy schedule and need to plan this reasonably far in advance to make it. My two buddies have decided that they do not want to go now as there schedules have changed. I have contacted John and Alisa about joining another group, but nothing yet.
So, I have three options, One. find another group who is going and tag along, or Two. sell off my deposit at discount to someone else to recoup it, or three, lose my deposit. I really want to make this trip and dive that area. My target fish are yellowfin and wahoo or anything pelagic mostly. I really don't have much interest of traveling all that way and shooting the ten pound reef fish. AJ's, Pargo, maybe. Don't care for Groupers that much, fun to sight see those areas if offshore is not working out, but I don't really plan on shooting anything there. As far as travel, I hope to fly out of John Wayne in OC if possible so I could fly down with the group, but SD or LAX is possible as well so John could pick us all up at once down there.
About me, I have been doing this sport since the mid 90's. I am getting older and slowing down a bit (sad, but true!) and have been all over a big chunk of the world diving. I don't have to be the first guy in the water and probably wont be the last one out, but it depends on the diving. My days of hitting a hundred feet are over, but still hit fifty with no problem. I don't smoke, but do enjoy a good beer every now and then. I have to warn you, I have been told I snore.
So anyone need a third or fourth guy to go to Puerto Vallarta?
Please let me know. Shoot me a pm if interested.