Fish Attractant

General info and questions about your spearing and diving!

Fish Attractant

Postby chris oak » December 3rd, 2019, 7:58 pm

I'm in the middle of editing a new movie for my work and I'm going thru a lot of footage. There are several fish sequences where rays and other fish come up to brush by me and I was wondering, does that ever happen to you guys? I'm not talking about marine mammals, I'm talking about mainly fish.
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Fish Attractant

Postby Namor » December 4th, 2019, 10:27 am

Hey Chris I can't help but wonder if the attraction that fish show for you has something to do with the fact that your wetsuit reeks of decomposition ...
Namor
kook

Postby NaClAddict » December 4th, 2019, 12:46 pm

There’s one spot I dive where I’m constantly being buzzed by BIG torpedo rays. I’ve kinda stopped diving there because it spooks me so badly. I was also on a deep drop at the offshore rigs and some big ass ray came up to meet me. I noped the fuck away ASAP. And medium sized BSB like to check me out. I remember being followed by one that kept making a thumping sound. I couldn’t scare it off no matter what I did. I finally gave up hunting, figuring no respectable WSB would hang around with all that thumping. I think it was horny.
NaClAddict
spearo

Postby VangysWay » December 5th, 2019, 2:19 pm

chris oak wrote:I'm in the middle of editing a new movie for my work and I'm going thru a lot of footage. There are several fish sequences where rays and other fish come up to brush by me and I was wondering, does that ever happen to you guys? I'm not talking about marine mammals, I'm talking about mainly fish.

You must have some weird fishy juju... and not the good kind :eek:
VangysWay
prick

Return to Spearfishing & Freediving