Calif fishing license

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Calif fishing license

Postby chris oak » December 24th, 2019, 9:55 am

just a reminder, as you are enjoying the holidays don't forget to get your fishing license. You can do it online or at tackle shops, I did the lifetime license thing a few years ago in hopes that I make it to 67 where I break even. Had I bought it at 40 when the price drops it would have been better. Licenses go up every year so if you are going to stay in the state for sure and just hit 40 it might be worth looking into.
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Calif fishing license

Postby white_sea_buss » December 29th, 2019, 9:25 pm

Bought my lifetime license in 2012....

Takes 17 years to pay off, but now that I live in Hawaii, I don't have to pay the non-resident fee (which is 10x more absurd than the resident fee) when I visit.
white_sea_buss
noob

Postby NaClAddict » December 30th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Generally lifetime licenses pay off over 20 years at current rates. However, rates go up every year. I just wish I had bought mine earlier when you could get the lifetime ocean enhancement stamp. What a crock of S, how many stocked trout are caught, yet there’s no freshwater enhancement stamp.
NaClAddict
spearo

Postby gringo sushi » December 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm

Oh how I regret passing on the offer of a lifetime licence as a gift from my folks back when I was 16...
Todd Farquhar
LB Neptune
tfarquhar@me.com

“There is one thing which gives radiance to everything. It is the idea of something around the corner.” G.K. Chesterton
gringo sushi
spearo

Return to California & Baja