Catch and Cook: Spiny Lobster

General info and questions about your spearing and diving!

Catch and Cook: Spiny Lobster

Postby chris oak » March 23rd, 2020, 10:23 am

I just finished a 30 min video on catching and cooking spiny lobster. It's more for beginners, if you are bored the main action is probably 12 minutes in.

chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Catch and Cook: Spiny Lobster

Postby John Hughes » March 23rd, 2020, 7:58 pm

nice tutorial. Dam is really going to learn some stuff from that.

I like the lobster molting footage you have in the middle. You've had that female in the tank for quite a few years now!

Thanks for taking the time to do that up Chris. My wife came in at the end when you were cooking and I made her watch it. Hopefully she took the hint. :)
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby chris oak » March 24th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Thanks John, it should answer a lot of questions for guys new to bug diving.

That female bug was caught local too, when the guy brought it in I told him we could only have one male because the big bulls fight. I assumed it was a male because it was so big, he said "oh its a female" and I flipped it over and no shidt it was a big female. Bryans bull never messed with her and she mated probably three times so far.

make the pesto pasta, super easy and my kid tears it up. Good luck finding pasta right now though lol.
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby dam » March 25th, 2020, 12:07 pm

John Hughes wrote:nice tutorial. Dam is really going to learn some stuff from that.

LOL! :rofl:

That was a very thorough video, Chris. You have a knack for explaining things. I didn't mind watching the whole thing even if it had your mug in it. My only criticism is don't mix vertical videos with horizontal ones. It makes viewing kinda hard on phones.

The molting clip is cool!
dam
diving god

Postby chris oak » March 25th, 2020, 12:22 pm

[quote="dam"My only criticism is don't mix vertical videos with horizontal ones. It makes viewing kinda hard on phones.

The molting clip is cool![/quote]

Yah that was because I shot some of the video with the phone and most with the action cam. The problem is with the cam I have a hard time recording while I'm explaining things and if it's in the housing it's muffled. I'll have to see if I can get a mount that doesn't use the housing.
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to Spearfishing & Freediving