ULUSUB 2020 SUMMER SALE!

All about spearguns and gear. Feel free to pimp your own manufacturing but be sure to wear flame retardant material if you are pushing b.s.

ULUSUB 2020 SUMMER SALE!

Postby Behslayer » June 25th, 2020, 5:17 pm

It’s On. Everywhere. Caribbean, Florida, NC, NY, RI, Gulf Coast, Mexico, California, Hawaii and everywhere in between is On. Gear is getting destroyed, Divers are crying in their masks over missed shots, and we are here to help. The ULUSUB Summer Sale runs from Now until July 15, just at the time when you need Gear the most. Check out our Website http://www.ulusub.com for more information on savings accross our entire Range of Quality Spearfishing Equipment.
Attachments
Behslayer
kook

Re: ULUSUB 2020 SUMMER SALE!

Postby Behslayer » June 25th, 2020, 5:24 pm

Guns come with Reels and Line and 2 Shafts, Bands and Rigging. The 170MH and 175MH don't have Reels and come with 2pc Necked Down 11/32" Shafts. Gun Bags are Super Nice. Floats are High Pressure and have a removeable Flag for Inshore or Paddy Use. I made these for Big Wahoo and Normal Sized Yellowfin we get out East. For Big Bluefin you would want to use 2. Magnetic Knives are a good product. Flashers... I can't speak enough about how these have become an essential part of my equipment, so I'm offering at a very low price ie $22 for 6 shipped, so give a try with your Yellowtail, etc. The Reels and Lines are tried and tested. Alright I don't like to self market.. but there's some good deals for friends here.
Attachments
Behslayer
kook

Postby Behslayer » June 25th, 2020, 5:44 pm

For those asking, These prices are for TWO Shafts. Shipping 1 shaft is almost as much as shipping 2. We only ship 2 Shafts at a time. (you can pick Threaded or Flopper or both)
Behslayer
kook

Postby John Hughes » June 25th, 2020, 7:11 pm

Great time for a sale. So far all the products of yours that I've used have been rock solid.

I'm not much of a flasher guy but I got around to throwing one of your pipe flashers on my stringer on my back. I've had to keep my head on a swivel more as they seem to be coming up behind me a lot. Something seems to be bringing them in and I'm certain it's not my skill.

also, I've been swimming a bit with one of your guns as a friend of mine is having issues with the midhandle transition. Every time I get in the water with one I'm super impressed with how well they swim.

keep up the good work.

John Hughes
cupcake

Postby Behslayer » June 25th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Geeeez Catches like that allow Dad to get out. One day I need get into some of that Yellowtail action. I never even tasted one.

Maybe try hanging one or a Yozuri Rattler on @ 6' of Mono off the Back of the Gun (Gun Flasher) I used to do that for King Mackeral and Dogtooth and they would come up behind me like that. You can also pull on the Mono and call a fish back to you. For me they are an Essential part of my Gear. I've had Yellowfin Bite them, Wahoo, Kamanu, etc and Mahi and Marlin will come in on them, but I use them a lot for Snapper.
Behslayer
kook

Postby dam » June 26th, 2020, 10:26 am

There's no way Hughes shot all those yellows in a day in CA. That means he got them in Mexico and the limit is only 5 a day. I'm reporting him for poaching!
This sale is so tempting! But I don't need all those gear... do I? Argh!! :madrun:

How long are those 170-175MH shafts? I'd like to know how much overhang I would get on my 68.5" custom gun.
dam
diving god

Postby Bill McIntyre » June 26th, 2020, 11:05 am

I thought I posted this before. Dam must have deleted it.

Anyway, I think your prices are the best out there for such quality guns, especially since they include two shafts.

I think it must be an oversight, but the 170 is the only gun that doesn't show the discount. The shorter guns are $50 off, while the 175 is $100 off. Which is it for the $170? Asking for a friend who is interested in the 170.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Behslayer » June 26th, 2020, 11:24 am

Hi Dam,

170MH: 68" Total Length 11/32" with 4" Neckdown to 5/16"

175MH: 70" Total Length 11/32" with 4" Neckdown to 5/16"

Thanks, Jon
Behslayer
kook

Postby Behslayer » June 26th, 2020, 11:29 am

Hi Bill,

Forgot to press "Save". Fixed it.

$100 off.
Attachments
Behslayer
kook

Postby Bill McIntyre » June 26th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Thanks Jon. I bet he'll go for it.
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby chris oak » June 26th, 2020, 8:28 pm

:) :) :) 175mh ohhhhhhhhhhh
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby Avenues » June 28th, 2020, 7:21 am

Very tempting. What’s the lead time on the 170 MH?
James Grover
Avenues
kook

Postby Behslayer » June 28th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Ship this week. All guns are in stock.
Behslayer
kook

Postby Bill McIntyre » June 28th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Damn, there must be something I need.
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Matthew Rice » June 28th, 2020, 7:01 pm

@John Hughes- Which size gun of your buddy's have you shot?
Matthew Rice
polespearo

Postby John Hughes » June 28th, 2020, 8:25 pm

I think he's got the 160 and 170

I pulled the trigger on the 170 at Cedros in Baja in crystal clear water. I was actually shocked at how fast and how damn far that gun shot. I've never shot a gun that had that kind of range. I've got a 67" Mori that is similar sized and the Ulu will shoot further without a doubt. Mori focuses on precision more than power and I've come to agree with that, but if you can have both I don't see a problem there. :) Also, I keep preaching about how well his guns swim and that's coming from somebody that swears by his Mori guns. The reason I do is they are one of the only guns I've swam with that are properly ballasted and balanced in the water. Seems like such a simple thing but so many builders miss it. Once you swim with a gun like that, you really notice the difference in guns that are not properly balanced.

These ulusubs are probably the exception to that rule IMO. Really, really nice to swim with.
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby Andrew » June 29th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Bill McIntyre wrote:Damn, there must be something I need.

^This.
Andrew
spearo

Postby Bill McIntyre » June 29th, 2020, 12:52 pm

And the nice thing is that if you want to change ballast and balance you can add or remove those little lead disks in the front and rear compartments. You can go the same with an Abellan but that bird shot is a lot harder to keep from getting away from you.

And if you’re a total weirdo like me who wants the gun to barely float with the shaft in, you can remove enough lead to make that happen.

Matt Rice has been borrowing my 155RH when he comes in my boat but he’s probably wondering what the gun feels like when it’s set up the way Jon ships it. :)
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Matthew Rice » June 29th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Guys- Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated! Certainly weighing my options...
Matthew Rice
polespearo

Postby John Hughes » June 29th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Bill McIntyre wrote:And the nice thing is that if you want to change ballast and balance you can add or remove those little lead disks in the front and rear compartments. You can go the same with an Abellan but that bird shot is a lot harder to keep from getting away from you.

And if you’re a total weirdo like me who wants the gun to barely float with the shaft in, you can remove enough lead to make that happen.

Matt Rice has been borrowing my 155RH when he comes in my boat but he’s probably wondering what the gun feels like when it’s set up the way Jon ships it. :)

Hey to each his own. It's a really nice option that Jon provides lead and easy access ports to ballast the gun yourself the way you like it. I don't know anybody else that does that and for idiots like me who would never be able to make those adjustments without that option it's a huge deal.

I like how he's improved on certain aspects of all the gear we are used to seeing and using. :hi5:
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby Matthew Rice » June 30th, 2020, 7:47 pm

@Jon-

Was wondering if you could give a little insight on the size and weight differences between the 170 and the 175? Thanks!
Matthew Rice
polespearo

Postby Behslayer » June 30th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Hi Matt,

The 170MH is a 4 Band gun 170cm long enclosed track shooting a 67-68" 11/32" Threaded (Before Slip Tip) Shaft. It swims real nice. This gun is made for Tuna up to 200#, Wahoo, but guys have also used this gun very effectively for Big WSB in Clearer Water and Yellowtail. I made this gun specifically for the Big Eye Tuna and Yellowfin we get in the NorthEast where sometimes you need to dive fairly deep and place a long shot. These guns have been used very effectively in Panama , Costa Rica, for Jumping in on tuna. Also in California for Bluefin. Little known fact is that the first two of the Larger Bluefin which eclipsed Terry Maas' 30 year record and started the New Blue Realitas in California were taken with the original Ulusub 170's. https://www.facebook.com/Ulusub/videos/ ... 7295813402

The 175MH. A few years ago some guys who were using the 170MH and shooting Bluefin up to 250# started focussing on the Larger fish. They asked for a 5 Band Gun. I made the 175MH. This gun has a little more meat to it including a Thicker Back end. Weighs about 3lbs more than the 170MH, shoots a 70" Threaded (Before Slip Tip) Shaft. This gun is not something you would use for WSB. It is a nice gun for Tuna over 100#, Big Wahoo, Marlin, Bigger Tuna.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks, Jon
Behslayer
kook

Postby Behslayer » July 1st, 2020, 12:21 pm

When I say the 175MH is a good gun for Big Wahoo. I mean like the pic Richard Baronet sent me this morning of a Brutus he took down with his 175MH. A lot of times you can take a Wahoo with a smaller gun but there are different kinds of Wahoo.. This one is 115lbs. Best chance you have of landing a fish of a lifetime like that is hitting them with a Big Shaft in the spine.
Attachments
Behslayer
kook

Postby dam » July 1st, 2020, 4:59 pm

Just pulled the trigger on some shafts. Siiigh, this thread is dangerous. :'(
dam
diving god

Return to Guns & Gear