What’s the latest slippery stuff being used?

All about spearguns and gear. Feel free to pimp your own manufacturing but be sure to wear flame retardant material if you are pushing b.s.

What’s the latest slippery stuff being used?

Postby NORCAL » June 24th, 2021, 4:29 pm

Down to my last bottle of Sally’s unscented conditioner (I’ve had a couple of bottles stashed for a long time!). Has anyone found a decent unscented alternative for open cell suits? Thx. Tommy
NORCAL
noob

Re: What’s the latest slippery stuff being used?

Postby Austin Balk » June 24th, 2021, 4:51 pm

Yes. It’s called Slippy. It’s a powder that you mix with water. No gnarly smell, not too slick, compact to store, and one bottle will probably last you for awhile. It says that it is “Pharmaceutical Grade PEG” which I think is actually… Miralax. I’ve been adding just a touch of chlorhexidine gluconate (hibicleanse, which is scented) to mine to keep the bugs from growing. So far I’m pretty stoked on that combo.
Austin Balk
polespearo

Postby Bill McIntyre » June 24th, 2021, 5:42 pm

Ive gone back to what I was using before- Unicure.
https://www.amazon.com/Unicure-Hair-Con ... da4dea34d6
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby dam » June 24th, 2021, 7:31 pm

Austin Balk wrote:Yes. It’s called Slippy. It’s a powder that you mix with water. No gnarly smell, not too slick, compact to store, and one bottle will probably last you for awhile. It says that it is “Pharmaceutical Grade PEG” which I think is actually… Miralax. I’ve been adding just a touch of chlorhexidine gluconate (hibicleanse, which is scented) to mine to keep the bugs from growing. So far I’m pretty stoked on that combo.

Whoa, this might be a game changer! I'm down to my last Sally bottle as well. Will try this next. Thanks! :bow-blue:
dam
prick

Postby Austin Balk » June 24th, 2021, 8:33 pm

https://www.slippy.in/slippy-opencell-wetsuit-lube

My pleasure. Here’s the link to their website, but I got it through a shop in the US. Looks like one bottle (about $25) makes 16 Liters of lube… that should be enough for just about anyone’s needs in a given year.
Austin Balk
polespearo

Postby 32juan » June 24th, 2021, 9:33 pm

https://products.wholefoodsmarket.com/p ... ree-e72a85

Easy to get. Reasonable price. Works for me!
Juan-Carlos Aguilar
Long Beach Neptune
ISDC
32juan
sea sniper

Postby NORCAL » June 26th, 2021, 4:52 pm

Awesome! I’ll start w/WFs unscented conditioner & work down the list. Thx guys. Tommy
NORCAL
noob

Postby scorpaenichthys » July 13th, 2021, 11:34 am

I'm a big fan of Shark Snot. It's a little pricey ($30 per 16oz bottle last I checked), but it's easy on your skin and your wetsuit, and it's basically just blended kelp, so you're not leaving a chem/scent trail everywhere you swim. I only dive once or twice a month, so a 16oz bottle lasts me all year.
scorpaenichthys
noob

Postby Schwaman » July 14th, 2021, 9:30 am

J&j baby shampoo for me. I squeze undiluted into my suit and mix with fresh water there. I use the same for defogging the mask so its dual purpose
Schwaman
spearo

Return to Guns & Gear