Safety

General info and questions about your spearing and diving!

Safety

Postby NaClAddict » May 16th, 2021, 4:21 am

You guys know I’m a safety freak. I just found out how Oak went from 15 seconds to 20 for his bottom time overnight. I’m telling you now, suddenly his breath hold jumped significantly. He had this research and he had a weird fix a flat on a pisette.

I’m not saying it’s dangerous, just NOMBY (not on my boat).

https://www.livescience.com/mammals-can ... ation.html
NaClAddict
sea sniper

Re: Safety

Postby NaClAddict » May 16th, 2021, 2:55 pm

Guess the joke was too much. Sorry. I found it funny and interesting. I heard “blowing smoke up someone’s ass” originated from an old revival technique. Maybe my wetsuit is suffocating my skin?
NaClAddict
sea sniper

Postby Andrew » May 17th, 2021, 12:49 pm

deliver oxygen gas intra-anusly

"Intra-anusly." :rofl:
Andrew
spearo

Postby chris oak » May 22nd, 2021, 12:45 pm

You are into some weird shidt Greg! That whole thing reminds me of the abyss, I don't know if the younger generation have seen it but it's a great movie. They were doing experimental enriched oxygen where they flood your lungs with fluid, the same idea of when you are a baby in the womb.

I always say that it's amazing that both wetsuits and scuba tanks haven't evolved a ton, say compared to electronics. There are carbon fiber tanks etc, but they all still rely on compressed air. I wonder how long until they have mouth breathing units like the jedi have, where you pop a reg into your mouth and it pulls o2 out of the water. One of the reasons I hate scuba for work is putting that heavy tank on.
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to Spearfishing & Freediving